Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About My Health Care
- Am I able to select a primary care Physician?
Yes, selecting a primary care Physician of your choice is important
for you. Establishing a Physician/Patient relationship is important
in getting to know you and your health care needs. Whenever you make
an appointment, identify your primary care Physician and your appointment
will be scheduled with him/her.
- What do I do when my primary care physician is out of the office?
If your Physician is out of the office, we will continue to manage
your care for you. In situations such as this, another Physician of
our group will take care of you until your primary care Physician
- What do I do if I need care and the Health Center is closed?
- If you are having a medical emergency do not wait and call 911
and/or go directly to the nearest emergency room. If the emergency
room Physician needs to have more information, he/she will contact
your Primary Care Physician through Physician's Exchange.
- If your health situation requires urgent consultation, your
primary care physician can be reached through Physician's Exchange
at 524-2575 after hours.
- If you are calling for non-urgent matters such as prescription
refills and minor health problems, please call the Health Center
on the next business day to schedule an appointment.
- How soon can I get an appointment?
A number of factors are taken into consideration when scheduling your
appointment: urgency of your presenting medical situation/condition,
your scheduling needs, and the availability of your Primary Care Physician.
If you have an urgent health care need, we are able to accommodate
same day appointments.